|View of Salkantay Mountain from Soraypampa|
The Salkantay Trek to Machupicchu, was lately listed among the 25 best Treks in the World, by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine.
The Salkantay Trail is one of the splendid trails to Machu Picchu in terms of natural beauty due to its exceptional geographical position. The altitude of Salkantay Mountain is 6,264 m above sea level with weather conditions changing from sub-tropical to arctic. The Salkantay route gives a range of degrees for tours of which we offer treks for the more rugged traveler to the traveler who would like a more calm tour.
- Transfers from Hotel
- Transportation Cusco - Mollepata. (Start Trek)
- Professional bilingual Tour guide.
- Entrance Fee to Machu Picchu.
- Bus tickets to Machu Picchu Inca City and to Machu Picchu town (Aguas Calientes).
- Meals: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 dinners and various snacks to be eaten throughout the day. Meals after the last breakfast (Day 5) are not included.
- Professional Cook: all our fresh vegetables are washed in iodine water prior to serving. Vegetarian (vegan) food on request at no extra cost! All dietary requirements from vegans, lacto-allergies and general dislikes can be catered for so long as prior warning is given when booking the trip
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- First Aid Kit
- 01 Oxygen tank
- Horses (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Horse handlers
- Quadruple (4 person) waterproof tent for 02 people
- 01 Sleeping Mattress per person
- 01 night in a hostel in Aguas Calientes.
- Return train tickets Expedition Service (Machu Picchu to Ollantaytambo) and bus to Cusco.
View complete details of tour at Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu in 5 days